Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Winner Winner Chicken Dinner"

As quoted by the great philosophers Dougates and Jillistotle! I won tickets to Mixfest!! I was caller 19 to Mix 96.1 this morning.
Here's the conversation:
DJ: "Mix 96.1"
Me: "Do you have a winner?"
DJ: "Who is this?"
Me: "DENISE!!??" (Because I wasn't sure of my name after the shock of actually getting thru the phone line.)
DJ: "Do you want to go to Mixfest?"
Me: "YESSSSS!" (While doing the happy dance in the car!! Other drivers probably thought I needed to pee really bad, which after that excitement I did!!)


I picked up the tickets this afternoon and had lunch with Cade. The "high" from my day was shot to heck when I got home. I talked to the nursing dept. and received my bad news:(

Oh well....I'm going to Mixfest! I'm going to Mixfest!




3 comments:

Jill said...

YEEEEEAAAA!!! Way to go! :) And, you look so pretty in the picture, too.

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

Actually, that is not a good picture. I don't photograph well at all. My hair looked good but that's because I just got home from the hair lady. But thank you!