Saturday, March 14, 2009

Nursing Practice



All moms have to play nurse at some point...As if one sick baby isn't enough, both kids are sick this week. Delaney missed school Wednesday and the nurse called Thursday. Since our new doctor wasn't able to see her until next week, we decided to take her to the ER. While I was on the phone trying to get the appt. arranged, I noticed Braxton had a fever as well. Since we were making the trip to the ER anyway, we decided to let him be seen too. Good thing, because by the time it was his turn in triage, he had a fever of 105. Now that's how to get quick service in the ER! After Tylenol, Motrin, and Pedialyte it came down to 102. Both kids had clear chest x-rays. We were out in about 2 hours with....."just a virus". What every parent loves to hear. So we've been giving Tylenol,Motrin, and popsicles around the clock and sleeping alot. I think they will make it. I start my new class Monday, so I have to get them well! Looks like my shift won't be over for a couple more DAYS!

0 comments: